The Doctor of Ministry program is an advanced degree to prepare students for leadership in churches across the globe. Ministers seeking to grow in theological competency and personal understanding of discipleship at a doctoral level will benefit greatly from the six-semester program designed to be completed in three years. Students will partake in one intensive seminar each semester filled with workshops, Q&As, focus groups, and group studies with peers for additional practical experience.
Three year, Six semester program:
- Advanced Preparation for Ministry
- Problem Analysis in the Practice of Ministry
- Foundations for the Practice of Ministry
- Research Methods for Ministry
- Field Research, Data Collection/Data Analysis
- Research Writing and Final Preparations
One Intensive per semester
Peer Sessions via webinars
- Have 3 years ministry experience, an MDiv degree or equivalent.
- Complete an online application at sis.payneseminary.edu, and submit a $50 application fee, which can be mailed in the form of a check, money order, or online by credit card.
- Complete a background check. Please go to sis.payneseminary.edu and click on Academics; scroll down to the Doctor of Ministry section and click Background Check.
- Submit an official transcript from the institution where the Master of Divinity degree was obtained.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation – A pastor or denominational representative and a colleague, a former professor, or other professional.
- Submit a typewritten 750-1,000 word essay, define your personal and professional goals particularly related to your current ministry context, and describe how the Doctor of Ministry degree will help you to achieve those goals.
Candidates must apply by July 15 of each year for admission into the fall cohort and December 1 for the spring cohort.
The Doctor of Ministry program is designed to be completed following an M. Div. degree or equivalent.